Sunday, April 20, 2008

Agĩkũyũ - Literature and Links

Literature:

  1. Routledge, W.S. & K – With a Prehistoric People: The Akikuyu of British East Africa (1910)
  2. Boyes, John – How I Became King of Wakikuyu (1911)
  3. Hobley, C.W. – Bantu Beliefs And Magic with Particular Reference to the Kikuyu and Kamba Tribes of Kenya Colony (1922)
  4. Leakey L.S.B. – The Southern Gikuyu Before 1903 Vol I – III (1977, unpublished 1938)
  5. Kenyatta, Jomo – Facing Mt. Kenya (1938)
  6. Kabetũ, M. N. - Kĩrĩra Kĩa Ũgikũyũ (1947)
  7. wa Wanjau, Gakaara - Mĩhĩrĩga ya Aagĩkũyũ (1967)
  8. Mugia, D. Kinuthia - Ũrathi wa Cege wa Kibiru (1979)
  9. Mugo, E.N. – Kikuyu People (1982)

Wikipedia
Wangari Maathai


3 comments:

mayaka said...

Hi Art,
This is Anne,How are you?l really do wish you would take my advise and change the name of your Blog.
You have amassed great information and it is criminal that people are unable to read it.
Please do consider it. If you wanted info on the Kikuyu people, you would not look it up under Nyeri-Kiambu.
How about, History of the Kikuyu..The Kikuyu origins...etc???

Nyeri- Kiambu said...

Hi Anne! Nice to hear from you again. I thought you had been swallowed up by the earth or abducted by aliens! Not so much as good bye. No biggie, though. Your suggestion is highly appreciated but, I'll stick to this name. I'm not one hundred percent sure how google, the gateway to the NET works, but I think that the name of the website plays a relatively insignificant role. It's the content that matters and the number of folks linking you to their websites. In that sense some good news, as a young man found this site through the mistiness of the World Wide Web and gave me a nice shout out. He does have a very promising blog as well, on this very same subject matter. Check it out. And you comments are very highly appreciated and I hope you'll not be a total stranger.

http://mukuyu.wordpress.com/

mayaka said...

Hi Art,
l did write to you severally and you did not reply. I guess my letters ended up in your spam mail.
Anyway, l will tell you how l search for stuff.If I use the search engine of Google, I type in a catch phrase, say l want to learn anything about Kenya.. I enter Kenya and find all the info about it. Now if l was searching for info on the Kikuyu people l would not enter Nyeri or Kiambu, unless of course l want to know something about these towns.
It has only been one person, it would have been thousands. Do a google on Kikuyu and see how little information there is on them. Yours is simply the best out there. Gutiri utataragwo murata.